COVID-19 VIRUS UPDATE
March 16, 2020
Dear Speech and Language Connections Patients and Families,
We want to assure you that Speech and Language Connections is closely monitoring COVID-19. We will provide further information as it is recommended by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
We are maintaining normal patient operations and appointments at this time. We have always maintained very strict infection control protocols and procedures to keep our patients and staff safe from the spread of illness and disease.
COVID-19, in addition to the spread of seasonal influenza has not changed our protocol but only heightened our awareness and diligence toward important infection control safeguards. However, we understand if you would like to reschedule your appointment(s) in our office.
We are requesting the following in an effort to prevent the spread of illness, including COVID-19:
- If you or anyone in your family is sick or experiencing fever, cough, sore throat shortness of breath or any flu-like symptoms, please reschedule your appointment
We are taking the following additional precautions at our office:
- Several daily disinfections of surfaces in common spaces and therapy rooms
- We are limiting the number of people in the clinic at any given time
- We request that only one parent or caregiver accompany your child in the clinic. Please do not bring siblings with you. If you must bring them, please stay with them in your vehicle as the waiting room will be closed. Your therapist will bring your child to you after the session has finished.
- All clients, parents and therapists will wash their hands prior to entering the therapy rooms
- We are also working with insurance companies to determine who may be eligible for teletherapy services