Speech Language Pathologist, MS, CCC-SLP
Sheila received her Masters of Arts degree in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences from the University of Minnesota. She has completed extensive training in Speech Fluency Disorders, her area of special interest, which includes conditions such as Stuttering and Cluttering. She has been trained in a variety of approaches to stuttering therapy, such as The Lidcombe Program and Palin Parent-Child Interaction Therapy. She is a recipient of the ASHA ACE Award of Continuing Education Excellence.
Sheila started her career working in the school setting and continues to enjoy working part-time in an elementary school. She sees students with a variety of needs in the area of communication, including articulation, language, and stuttering. She enjoys working with students, parents, and school staff to improve her students’ confidence, competence, and enjoyment of communication. As the school district’s Speech Fluency Liaison she trains and consults with other Speech Language Pathologists on matters related to Speech Fluency Disorders.
In her free time, you will find Sheila in the backyard hanging out with family and friends, trying out new wood-fired pizza recipes, watching movies, or going on long walks with her husband and her dog.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
- Minnesota Department of Education Teaching License
- Minnesota Department of Health Speech-Language Pathologist License
- Member of American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Member of Minnesota Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Member of International Fluency Association