LeeAnn Kyriakides, MS, CCC-SLP, COM™
Speech Language Pathologist
LeeAnn is the Founder of Speech and Language Connections. This outpatient clinic provides speech and language services for children aged 1 to 18 years old. Speech and Language Connections also provides contracted speech and language services to school districts.
LeeAnn received her Bachelor’s of Science degree in Communication Disorders from the University of Minnesota and her Master’s of Science degree in Communication Disorders from St. Cloud State University.
Since graduation, LeeAnn has completed extensive coursework in the treatment of Autism, social skills and motor speech disorders. LeeAnn is a Certified Orofacial Myologist (COM™). She has extensive training in the identification and treatment of orofacial myofunctional disorders including improper tongue resting posture, abnormal swallow patterns, and harmful oral habits such as thumb sucking. She is also the recipient of the ASHA ACE Award for Continuing Education Excellence.
Since then she has worked in a variety of settings including early intervention, preschools, elementary schools, high schools and outpatient clinics.
In these settings she has evaluated and treated children aged 18 months to 18 years of age who have presented with various communication disorders including: expressive and receptive language delays, language based reading disorders and language disorders associated with Autism, hearing loss, various syndromes and/ or global developmental delay. She is also an experienced clinician in treating tongue thrust, articulation, phonological disorders, fluency, motor speech and orofacial myofunctional disorders.
Affiliated with :
- President of American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology and Audiology (AAPPSPA)
- Certified Orofacial Myologist from the International Association of Orofacial Myologists (IAOM).
- Member American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Member of Minnesota Speech, Language-Hearing Association
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
- Minnesota Department of Education Teaching License
- Minnesota Department of Health Speech-Language Pathologist License